LSE-Oxford Workshop in International Macroeconomics and Finance - Call for Papers
Conference date: 2-3rd May 2024
Venue: London School of Economics
Submission deadline: 15th February 2024
The Centre For Macroeconomics, the Financial Markets Group at the London School of Economics, Oxford University and CEPR are jointly organising a Workshop on International Macroeconomics and Finance on the afternoon of May 2nd, and the morning and afternoon of May 3rd, 2024.
The workshop will take place at the London School of Economics, London (UK), and will be held in person.
Keynote: Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas (International Monetary Fund, University of Berkeley, NBER and CEPR)
We invite both theoretical and empirical contributions in all areas of international macroeconomics and finance, with a particular interest in submissions that fall under the following broad topics:
● The heterogeneous impact of capital flows on investment and borrowing.
● The role of micro heterogeneity in cross-border flows and its implications.
● Exchange rate determination and forecasting.
● FX hedging and FX macroprudential policies.
● Debt vulnerabilities and the role of macroprudential policies.
● Geoeconomics and political risks for global economy.
● Implications of deglobalisation for dominant and international currencies.
● Financial-market segmentation and frictions in global financial intermediation.
● The distributional consequences of global shocks.
Please submit full papers via this form by 15th February 2024. Authors of selected papers will be contacted by 1st March 2024.
Travel and accommodation costs will be covered for presenters not affiliated to central banks or other official institutions.
Organisers: Dmitry Mukhin (LSE and CEPR), Federica Romei (Oxford and CEPR), Liliana Varela (LSE and CEPR)
Funded by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) under the UK government’s Horizon Europe funding guarantee [grant number EP/X020916/1 (Varela) and EP/X027228/1 (Romei)].